Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Walk the line



Hi internet. It's been a while.

Since we last spoke, I've eaten unspeakable amounts of turkey and holiday ham, conquered countless nations in CivIII, undergone several major repairs to my car, stopped working at starbucks, and (drumroll) got my first real industry job.

Yes, in a strange twist of fate, I seem to have been the only person in the country to have actually GAINED employment in the month of december. I'm now working for Unnamed Big Animation Studio--which coincidentally enough is under the same umbrella company as the Unnamed Big Studio of my summer internship days. In fact, I'm only about 5 blocks away from my old stomping grounds at UBS.

I'm a PA on the feature, and it's a pretty great gig so far. Cool people all around, a great working environment, and already lots of stories to tell--which I'm not sure if I'll end up telling to you, internet.

I'm not sure about the whole "blogging from work" thing--it's good on the one hand that it gives me something concrete to blog about, something that changes every day constantly providing new material. But it's bad on the other hand that if I say too much, and the right (or wrong!) person discovers said blog, I'll no longer have a job to blog about. Or to be paid for.

It's a fine line, one I'm not yet sure if I can walk.

1 comment:

thirst said...

Wait until you find something better, and then blam! Share it like sponge cake with dem interwebs!